Monday 17 June 2013

English Country Garden Suitcase Table Plans

Back at the end of April I was contacted by the lovely Kirsten from The Little Wedding Helper http://littleweddinghelper.co.uk/ who does the most amazing wedding styling .. great for couples who have a blank canvas wedding venue and just don't know where to start!

Kirsten was working with a couple who wanted to create a Vintage English Country Garden feel for their .. quite frankly ... enormous wedding in Southampton!
They loved the idea of a 'suitcase table plan' and so Kirsten asked me to get involved to create the plans for them.

I was very excited as anyone who as seen my house knows I have a bit of obsession about vintage luggage! There are currently two small cases stacked and acting as a side table in my lounge and a very large steamer trunk for bed linen in my guest room :)
So I happily sourced the Internet and local antique shops for some gorgeous cases I could use to make the table plan and then picked some pretty pink and green floral and striped contrasting fabrics to reline the insides with.
I finished the look by hanging alternately designed card tables from lace strung across the cases and attached them with little white pegs.



They needed 3 suitcases for all the tables rather than just one, so once I had produced the plans Kirsten styled them at the venue .. setting them up on different levels and adding flowers and pearls to create just the right feeling!



I am delighted to announce that I will be adding the Suitcase Table Plans to my regular ranges on my website very soon!
They will be available on a hire basis and if you are within 20 miles of Okehampton I will happily come and set them up at your venue for you ... or they will be available to pick up. If you are elsewhere in the country they can also be posted for a fee and will need to be returned via post by yourselves once used.
They can of course be re-lined and designed to suit your individual colour scheme or theme ... so if you would like to enquire about hiring one of the suitcase table plans for your wedding please don't hesitate to get in touch, either via the contact form on the website http://knotsandkisses.co.uk or by emailing me direct at info@knotsandkisses.co.uk

Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment