Wednesday 15 August 2012

Dressing For A Winter Wedding

I'm currently working on quite a few sets of stationery for lovely winter weddings this year and it got me to thinking about what was out there in terms of Bridal Fashion for winter brides.

I always imagine winter weddings to be gorgeous glamorous affairs with lots of art deco inspiration and jewelled details, or alternatively a gorgeous big rustic house or barn with everyone wrapped up in furs and lace.

I've tried to cover all budget options below, but include my favourite designs for a winter wedding. Please let me know if you have come across any other fantastic ideas for winter wedding fashion .. it would be great to share with everybody!

Firstly a couple of dresses by the lovely Johanna Hehir www.johanna-hehir.com ... I've been a little bit obsessed with Johanna's dresses since I saw her stand at the Milton Keynes Vintage Wedding Fair I exhibited at back in February, and I think these two outfits are perfect for a winter wedding.



Next up a couple of amazing dresses from Ian Stuart Bride. If you like flamboyant and impossibly glamorous dresses then Ian's dresses are for you! http://www.ianstuart-bride.com . My friend actually had a top hat for her wedding in a theatre and it looked amazing .. so I love this version below!


My perennial favourite from the U.S www.bhldn.com does this gorgeous gown below and also some fantastic cover ups .. including this lace number that you could add to any strapless dress to give you a bit more coverage for a winter wedding.




And finally this gorgeous lace sleeved number from the Vintage Wedding Dress Company .. who do a range of dresses both vintage inspired and actual vintage. I think this one would look beautiful with a little fur gilet over the top don't you? www.thevintageweddingdresscompany.com


No comments:

Post a Comment