Monday 23 April 2012

Classic Cream Lace Bespoke Stationery & Wedding Styling

Wow can't believe its Monday already! The last week has flew past in a complete blur!
Its been very exciting here at Knots & Kisses. I've had lots of gorgeous stationery orders to make .. please note I'm now fully booked till September so please please get your orders in early if you want to book with me ... its heartbreaking having to turn so many orders away because I can't fit you all in :(
The other thing that has made this week so exciting is that the move to Devon, which has been on the cards for a while, is suddenly all systems go! We've had an offer on the flat so we're off down to Devon again house hunting next weekend!

Anyway back to business!
I've recently designed some bespoke wedding menus for a customer who wanted something simple and classic for their wedding incorporating ivory lace. I came up with the two designs below.



As I photographed them against my trusty wicker sewing box it got me to thinking about how a simple classic ivory and lace style can be instantly breathed new life into by using varying shades of browns and woods as a background colour for all that beautiful lace. It makes it stand out more but is still very neutral.
On this thought I've collected a few ideas below for styling for a wedding ... I really love the upcycled chalkboard frame which could have all manner of messages for your guests on! I also adore all that lovely glassware against the dark wood table ... you could pile them up with cheese and cakes for a fantastic dessert table display :)

credits :
www.floandpercy.com - photo credit Brides Magazine ; www.bhldn.com ; www.re-foundobjects.com
The Vintage Parlor via www.etsy.com ; www.ruffledblog.com - photo credit Justin Hill of Dekuji Photography ; www.bollea.com

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like its still. It looks elegant and presentable to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lace is very pretty...classic yet contemporary. Lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete