Friday 10 February 2012

Friday Supplier Spotlight - Florist In The Forest

Hope everyone's had a lovely week this week and is enjoying / hiding from the snow :)
On today's Supplier Spotlight I'd like to introduce you to the lovely Katherine who runs Florist In The Forest, and produces the most gorgeous wedding flowers! http://www.floristintheforest.co.uk/


I asked Katherine to tell us a little bit more about herself and what she does ....

"Having done a degree in Textile Design and then a number of years working as a Visual Merchandiser I decided to try my hand in a different creative field. Having always had a love of anything floral I decided it was time for a change and went back to college to re-train in floristry, best move I've ever made.



Inspirations tend to come from the beauty of the flowers themselves. My style is very natural and country and I like the flowers to speak for themselves. I love to mix lots of different textures with both the flowers and the foliage (I guess that comes from the textile background too). In order to create my natural country style I like to use seasonal flowers and have also created a very large cutting garden next to my studio enabling me to add homegrown flowers to bouquets which helps with the 'wild' look. If I see a bride early enough, they can even specify favourite flowers or colours and I can try and grow them especially for them, weather permitting!!


A love of vintage has meant I have collected a wide range of glass, china and jugs, all of which I love to use for weddings, brides can take their pick.

I love creating beautiful wedding flowers but can also cater for any kind of event and bouquets for all occasions, what with Mother's Day just around the corner..."


http://www.floristintheforest.co.uk/
http://www.floristintheforest.blogspot.com/

How gorgeous are these flowers! I especially love the bouquet with the little daisy's in! Fantastic pretty country garden feel ... right up my street and the look I'm going for hopefully for the wedding fair I'm exhibiting at on the 26th Feb in Milton Keynes ... I'll be filling a cream enamel jug with pretty pink flowers.
Anyway hope you all have a lovely weekend ... stay warm!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment