Monday 19 December 2011

A Beautiful Bonfire Bride And Her Wedding Stationery!

Under a week till Christmas! I'm getting incredibly excited here at Knots & Kisses and got the celebrations started by having a few friends round for a little festive party on Saturday .. there was lots of Mulled Wine!

I'm also incredibly excited this morning as I'm able to share with you some of the wedding photos of one of the lovely Bride's I've worked with this year. Laura contacted me back in January about ordering my new English Eccentrics wedding stationery and I've since spent a lot of lovely hours this year working on her stationery and some items to go with it at her reception at the fantastic Danby Castle in Yorkshire.
I've absolutely loved working with Laura (and also her Mum on some surprise items!) and I'm sure you'll agree her and her new husband Tom make a lovely couple!
Below are a few photos of their day along with some detailed shots of some of the reception stationery I created for them and a few words from Laura as to what their day was all about ....



"Our wedding was on Saturday 5th November 2011 at the stunning Danby Castle in North Yorkshire. I know everybody says it about their wedding day but it really was amazing! It was touching, sentimental, fun and filled with love. Our colour scheme was plum and gold which was perfect for the time of year and quite simply, plum is my favourite colour! We never set out to have a 'theme' as such but as our planning evolved it came to light that our theme was 'us.' We tried to get as much detail about 'us' as possible - the music we love (I walked down the aisle to Lover of the Light by Mumford and Sons), our favourite films (whilst waiting our guests listened to the themes of Home Alone, Forest Gump, Muppets Christmas Carol, Shakespeare in Love to name just a few and we had a Blues Brothers band!) and our lives together (my mum had made photo collages of Tom and I throughout the years and we named our tables after places in New York with it being a city that we adore).


We spent months looking for invitations and stationery that reflected the day that we were planning and then we found the beautiful English Eccentrics range by Knots and Kisses. I clicked on a link that somebody had posted on Twitter which took me to the Knots and Kisses website. It was the day before the English Eccentrics range was due to be launched and from first look I knew these were the invitations that were perfect for our big day. The fun carnival style font, plum ribbon and tweed with a tiny hint of diamante summed up our rustic wedding completely and they went down a storm with our guests!

Nikki's professionalism and friendliness was astounding. She happily made us matching table names, sweetie buffet labels, fancy dress corner sign, confetti cones and table plan to match our invitations along with a beautiful bespoke guest book as a touching souvenir from our wedding day.


Thank you so much for your contribution to our wedding day Nikki, without your gorgeous creations we wouldn't have been able to achieve as many of those special touches!"

Thanks so much for the lovely comments Laura! If you'd like to see more photos of her fantastic day they can be found over on the Brides Up North blog ... http://bridesupnorth.com/2011/12/08/bonfire-night-bride-a-real-wedding-laura-tom/

Photography credit : Nick White


No comments:

Post a Comment