Wednesday 15 June 2011

A Festival Style Wedding from Guest Blogger Miss Lady Amy Design!

I do love a festival and so am delighted that my guest blogger Lauren has chosen to feature festival style in her guest post this week! Enjoy .....

Festival Style and Inspired Weddings!!


Hello everyone, how are you all on this glorious Wednesday morning?? Can you believe we are half way through June already, Crazy Madness!! This is my 6th guest post on the lovely Knots and Kisses blog.. I hope you have all been enjoying my posts so far, some feedback / comments would be awesome. Did you catch my delicious Peaches and Cream post here last week? Oh it was simply gorgeous and I had some great feedback from you all, do take a look if you missed it.


lemon sky cakes

So this week I have featured a colourful, fun and shabby Village Fete inspired mood board on my blog Ladyamys Diary http://ladyamyweddings.blogspot.com/ please stop by my diary and check it out. Its filled with my latest whereabouts and Wedding Rambles


I hope I have written features which have helped encourage those who have dreams but not the confidence to fulfil them, those of you gorgeous bride and grooms to be with lots of fab, vintagey, pretty and unique ideas and inspiration and also given you some great links to all those Ladyamy Loves http://www.ladyamyweddingdesign.co.uk/links.htm

As we approach the the summers festival season, with the Isle of White festival last weekend, Glastonbury next weekend, The V festival mid-summer and Reading and Leeds also in the horizon, I become more and more excited about all that comes with attending one of these awesome events. The relaxed hippy atmosphere, chilled out, drinking ginger beer lounging around on hay bales and huge tatty picnic blankets and listening to live music, what could make a weekend / a week in some cases more perfect and awesome??

So with my love for festivals, live music and home made beer I decided to dedicate this weeks post to a festival styled and inspired wedding day.

Think, teepees, hay bales, home made bunting from old rags and cloth, pic nic blankets and random cushions for comfort. Loads of beautiful random wild flowers embellishing the venue.. Cute little home made signs with loving notes and messages to your guests. This style wedding would be perfect for the DIY style bride and groom / budget wedding and more organic hippy couple.. Like Me and my gorgeous fella (obviously we love a little vintage too lol)

So here is my mood board.. a collection of my faves



Credits













My lovely friend Suzie's adorable Car, of Karma Kars

and Stationery from Nikki of Knots and Kisses
Check out Nikki's gorgeous new ranges of stationery on her website

Table Numbers from www.stylemepretty.com and image from Amy and Stuart


A few Ladyamy Ideas to help you create this style...

Invitation could be in the style of a festival ticket ( I could definitely produce a bespoke design like this for you! - Nikki ;-) )

Definitely home made drinks and nibbles, creates that ..... feeling and mood

Seating area could be on hale bales, really relaxed and informal with Wellies as Centre Pieces filled with organic and wild flowers

Tee Pees and Tents as venue and for those guests who wish to make a night of it

Porta Loos ;0)

Live band

Out door bar

Serving lemonade / ginger beer / cider...

I hope you have enjoyed this post? For all of you who are festival goers or who are lucky enough to be attending a festival this summer, have an awesome time, I gave up my Glasto ticket as I am too busy working, but I am making the Kings of Leon at Hyde Park next week, whoop!!


Catch you next Wednesday

Love
Lauren
x



 









No comments:

Post a Comment