Wednesday 13 April 2011

An Alternative To Wedding Flowers .... Fab Button Bouquets!

There's a fantastic trend at the moment amongst modern brides for button or brooch bouquets. Not everyone likes fresh flowers ... so I'm delighted to introduce to you today the lovely Emma from 'Cute As A Button' !

I first started talking to Emma on twitter as she is also a bride-to-be! So I was thrilled to find out that she had started making these gorgeous button bouquets. I love them and they would look fabulous with a quirky vintage wedding! I asked Emma to tell us a little bit about why she set up the business....


"Cute as a Button was set up a few months ago. It all started with me looking into ideas for my own wedding. I came across many alternative wedding blogs and found some beautiful button bouquets. I fell in love with them and was convinced I wanted button bouquets for our wedding. After doing a little more research into them, I found that they were just too expensive for us. (Our wedding is being put together on a very tight budget!)


After this and a long conversation with hubby 2 be, I decided that I would give making them a go myself.

Now since getting engaged, I have become obsessed with the world that is Twitter! And I must say, since doing this, I have been talking to and become friendly with other bride's to be and wedding industry people. It's a great place for finding fantastic suppliers, advice and general tips and wedding conversation!


So getting back to my point! I had been sharing my progress of making a button bouquet by posting pictures on my Twitter account and got some amazing feedback. Then I was approached by another bride to be about the possibility of making her a button bouquet and would I be interested! I jumped at the chance! And from that point Cute as a Button was born!

The name Cute as a Button was a suggestion from a Twitter friend and once we had a name, we set up a Facebook page.
Cute as a Button now also has its own website!

Since doing this, I have been asked if one of my bouquets can be used in a bridal show at "A Most Curious Wedding Fair" in Norwich on the 16th April. Of course I said yes!
Cute as a Button will also have its own stall at "Truly Vintage Wedding Fair" at Glemham Hall on the 5th June.


There are pictures of bouquets on the website. Some are available to buy, but some are just examples. Each bouquet is a one off. Although I can use the same colour scheme's if you see colours you like, no two bouquets will be exactly the same.
Each bouquet can be made to your requirements. Colour, size, how the handle is finished! It's all down to you!
If you have any items that you would like worked into the bouquet, we can do this for you too. I'm working my Nana's brooch into my own bouquet!


I've also been making hanging button hearts and I'm working on an idea for button hair accessories. All of these can been seen at our website and Facebook page.
The best thing to do is contact me in regards to any enquiries you may have."


Website: http://www.cuteasabuttonuk.co.uk/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cute-as-a-Button/139730356094820
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/vintagebride2b
Email: cuteasabutton30@hotmail.co.uk

1 comment: