Wednesday 29 April 2015

Flowers In Season for a Spring Wedding

After my post on Friday gushing over the virtues of the gorgeous Peonies which are currently coming into season I had a few people ask me what other flowers were in season during Spring. So I've decided to do a series of 4 posts giving you a quick run down of my favourite seasonal flowers.
Obviously I'm not a florist and these are just my favourites so be sure to have a good chat with your florist about what they can get hold of for you on the date of your wedding .. but this will hopefully give you a bit of a guide.

Daffodils

The flower that sums up spring for me. Great in early spring if you are having a February or March wedding. Daffodils or Narcissus are not just for yellow lovers as they come in a wide variety of shades to almost pure white which would look great with any colour scheme and mixed with other flowers for a country look.


http://thenaturalweddingcompany.co.uk 

Tulips

Tulips for me give a really strong structured look and a great range of colours to choose from.



Peonies

Available in late Spring - around May time - these are by far one of my favourite flowers for wedding bouquets as they look opulent and blowsy and work really well in either very structured bouquets or much more natural overflowing arrangements.


Ranunculus

I love ranunculus ... incredibly versatile and a great opulent looking alternative if you can't get hold of Peonies. Ranunculus come in a great range of colours, have a beautiful layered feel and are available in March and April.

http://lovemydress.net

Hyacinths

Gorgeous if you are after a beautiful country garden feel. In beautiful whites, lilacs, pinks and purples these give an amazing scent but probably aren't that great for allergy sufferers.


Anenome

A very 'on trend' flower currently. Anenomes give a striking display with their beautiful dark centres.


http://stylemepretty.com 

2 comments: