Wednesday 30 July 2014

Blush, Gold And Baby Blue - Alternatives To The White Wedding Dress

I have to be honest .. I've never been a massive fan of white or very pale ivory wedding dresses! I know that sounds like sacrilege to say given the tradition of these colours for weddings, but honestly I don't think that white is a particularly flattering colour on many people.
If your skin is beautifully dark or tanned then it's easier to pull off but for pasty white skin like mine its definitely a no no!
Most brides opt for ivory instead which is certainly a lot more flattering to most skin tones .. however there are a raft of other options out there and many beautiful 'pale bridal' shades if you don't want to go for full on colour.

One of my favourite U.S. Bridal retailers ( who ship to the UK ) www.bhldn.com have some fantastic dresses currently in gorgeous shades of Blush, Gold and Baby Blue which would make amazing alternatives for your wedding dress. Here are my favourites ...



 


No comments:

Post a Comment