Wednesday 4 January 2012

New Guest Blog from Miss Lady Amy Wedding Design!

I'm delighted to say that my guest blogger Lauren from Miss Lady Amy Wedding Design is back on the blog! Take it away Lauren ....


Hello lovely peeps and a Happy New Year! Wishing you all love, laughter and health in the new year...


I’d like to say Thank-you to Nikki for having me back after a couple of months off from guest posting. I spent the last couple of months of 2011 working and having quality family time and embracing being Mumma. I’ve been organising events and working on my new website. So please pop over to Ladyamy Wedding Design and take a peek.. I have a new layout, new imagery – Thanks to some fabulous photographers and new info. Also drop by my new blog and catch up with my latest post. I have a special offer for Full Planning for 2012. http://www.ladyamyweddingdesign.co.uk

I hope you all had a very magical Christmas time and the chubby guy in the red suit bought you everything you wished for. Haha!!
So how was your New Year Celebration? Write in and tell us how you celebrated the new year and what your plans are for this coming year. Are you a newlywed, who is about to begin your first year in married life? Or maybe you are launching a wedding related business? We love hearing all your stories, so drop me and email and share with us Lauren@ladyamyweddingdesign.co.uk

Alice in Wonderland vintage infused inspiration..


I would like to begin the year with some rather mystical and whimsical wedding inspiration.

After seeing this concept on the TV series Don’t Tell The Bride it reminded me of how abstract and magical the story of Alice is and how as a young girl I was fascinated by her challenges and troubles and the rather odd characters she meets on her journey home once she had fallen down the rabbit hole.

Wonderland Stationery Range by Knots & Kisses http://www.knotsandkisses.co.uk

The idea of an Afternoon Tea Party with just a single table covered in deliberately placed yet random furniture and decor, with all your friends and family, all sipping wine / tea and eating from a rather un coordinated selection of cakes and biscuits and sandwiches seems like my kind of afternoon. The Mad Hatters tea party seems like such an awesome theme, especially if you are planning a more intimate wedding (so there is no need for all those round tables, just have one rather long one.
Get creative and fun with your decorations. This is a theme you could have indoor or outdoor. Personally I think it would be fabulous to create this in a secret garden, with lots of hanging lanterns and fairy lights gently lighting up the garden.

Before I share with you my design concept here are some gorgeous Alice In Wonderland ideas which I just could not resist in sharing..

http://loretablog.blogspot.com/2010/09/alice-in-wonderland-wedding.html
This rather cute blog features some really awesome images on this theme. Take a peek. I adore her big blue bow, sitting on her cutesie short wedding dress. It’s a great feature which adds a little fun. And again the deliberately placed but random array of decor, little clocks and variety of flowers sprouting out of odd tea pots and vases adds to the creativity and overall feel.

Here is another Vintage Alice in Wonderland inspired wedding, which is adorable. From January 2010, the use of deep berries and quaint take on the mad hatters tea party is divine. http://jessicaclaire.net/index.cfm/postID/495/An-Exquisite-Wedding-Shoot-In-Hollywood-By-Los-Angeles-Wedding-Photographer-Jessica-Claire


Thank-you for dropping by and reading my first of many post for 2012. I shall be back here once a month, sharing wedding news, inspirations and wedding ramblings...

Enjoy the rest of January,

Best Wishes
Lauren
x



No comments:

Post a Comment