Friday 5 August 2011

Croquembouche instead of a wedding cake!

Hi all!
Sorry for the late post today .... I had a bit of a well deserved lie in after spending yesterday at my friends lovely wedding in East London!
I had such a lovely day .. the wedding was a very relaxed and informal affair at Bow registry office followed by a reception at the Royal Inn on The Park pub in Hackney.
By far the highlight of the day for me, however ... other than seeing my lovely friend get married! ... was the amazing alternative to a wedding cake she made ... a towering croquembouche of Tunnocks Teacakes!


For those of you who don't know what a croquembouche is ... it is a tradition mainly at French weddings .. where rather than a wedding cake the Bride & Groom have a fabulous towering cone of profiteroles .. usually with spun sugar an other decoration around it... like the one below which I found the recipe for on the BBC Good Food Website.


You can also have gorgeous towers of macaroons and much more .. so let you imagination run wild and have something a little alternative at your wedding!



5 comments:

  1. How nice to see, we had one of these, with chocolate covering and unfortunately to say, with plastic Ivy!!!! it was the year 2000 I'm sure that was slighty trendy then! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the macaroons tower, not that I'm planning on getting married again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should hope not Stella ... one croquembouche is enough for anyone surely! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love a croquembouche, my friend got married in France and naturally had one and it looked amazing. But a croquembouche made of Tunnock's Teacake - how freaking amazing is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was Amy! I had to stop myself eating too many!

    ReplyDelete