Saturday 2 July 2011

Special Feature On Engagement Shoots - Part 2

If you saw yesterday's blog you'll know I've been looking into Engagement photography and why you would want an engagement shoot with your photographer prior to your wedding.
I've asked five photographers to show us some of their lovely engagement photos and also share with us why they think you should have a pre-wedding shoot. Yesterday we heard from McAvoy Photography and Butterworth Photography.

First up today is Ioan from http://www.celynnenphotography.co.uk/


"It's a great confidence builder for people which are nervous in front of the camera!

It helps you get to know the photographer better and allows you more time to talk about what you like, dislike when it comes to photography.
You can use a picture from your engagement shoot on your save-the-date cards, invitations, guestbook or signing board!
and so much more!!"


Gorgeous images I think you'll agree and I love the lighthouse setting!
Next up are some gorgeous engagement shots from www.leeglasgowphotography.co.uk . I love that the couple look like they are having so much fun in these photos!
 


Finally I asked the lovely Hannah from www.hdmphotography.co.uk her opinions on Engagement shoots and to provide us with a look at some of her shots., which have such a lovely relaxed feel to them.


"As well as being an extra chance to meet up with the couple again and have a chat about how their wedding plans are coming together a pre-wedding shoot is a brilliant way for a couple to get used to being in front of a camera, and become familiar with my way of working. It's always a relief to them when they find out I don't need to drag them away from friends and family for hours to get some great, relaxed images of them both! A pre-wedding shoot also gives me an invaluable opportunity to find out what poses work best for a couple, whether they're very jokey around each other, or more touchy feely for example. I can then use this knowledge on their wedding day to get them to pose in the best way for them. Most importantly though it gives the couple some great photos of themselves and it's actually a really fun experience and nothing to be scared of! "



I hope you'll have found the last two days of blogs useful and you've got a better idea of why engagement shoots can be important and the varying different styles that are out there! I know I've learnt loads whilst researching this so hopefully its helped some brides out there too!
 
Nikki x

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete