Monday 25 July 2011

A Midsummer Nights Dream Themed Wedding & Stationery

For my Monday Wedding Styling post this week I just had to base it around 'A Midsummer Nights Dream'!
My Other Half and I love going to see outdoor productions of Shakespeare and Saturday night we traipsed off, with a few friends and a lovely picnic, to see my absolute favourite A Midsummer Nights Dream performed at the stunning Waddesdon Manor.


I love this play so much I've now seen it at least 4 times and I think it makes such a wonderful theme to base your wedding around!

Inspired by Saturdays production I've come up with some ideas for wedding stationery and styling which could help influence your wedding.
Obviously fairies and woodland have a great part to play .. and I've designed this stationery below to have a beautiful rustic vintage feel .. reminiscent of flowers would in Peasblossom and Mustardseed's hair! In reality I think the lace would be real and I'd tie the stationery bundle up with parcel string.


This style of wedding reception would look fabulous in one of the few campsites in the country that are licensed for weddings to give you that real outdoors feel ... but you could just as easily recreate the look in a marquee, barn or big hat tipi tent.
I'd use lots of twisted wood as decor and in the centre of tables ... wrapped round with moss and beautiful wild flowers. Keep hair long and loose wound with flowers and give your little flower girls gorgeous pairs of wings for that real fairy look!
I'd string fairy lights and chandeliers through trees or in the ceiling to give a real magical look.



No comments:

Post a Comment