Wednesday 20 April 2011

A Perfect Way Of Remembering Your Wedding Day!

While I was searching for lovely union jack wedding products last week to share with you on Monday's 'Very British Wedding' styling post , I got sent the image below by the lovely Charlotte Thomson-Morley.
Whilst it wasn't quite right for Mondays blog I just had to share with you her amazing work!
As someone who trained in Fashion Illustration myself I was blown away by the beautiful bespoke bridal portraits Charlotte produces for her clients and just had to share with you as they have a fabulous vintage feel!
I asked Charlotte to tell us a little bit more about what she does ....

"My speciality is Portraiture for couples, whether it’s a beautiful memento of a Wedding Day or something saucy for the boudoir! My passion is vintage and retro styles and my illustrations reflect this with a emphasis on cute 50s pin ups and sultry femme fatales, with plenty of attention to period detailing and fashions. I believe that portraiture isn’t just about creating a likeness, it’s all about capturing peoples style and personality, everything that makes them unique as a person and as a couple. All of my portraits are hand-painted in my studio in Nottingham & are fully bespoke. I work one on one with clients at every step to make their ideas reality in pencil, paint & ink! It's a truly old fashioned, personal service that I offer and I work from photos, not sittings, so I can paint portraits for Brides from all over the world.


I start by creating pencil sketches from a clients photos and ideas, which together we refine and develop until they are completely happy with the look and style of the portrait. I then get out my paints, inks, or in some cases, wacom tablet for digital artwork, and start on the final artwork. Even at this stage the client has input, we discuss the picture and can make additions or 'tweaks' until they're completely happy. Then it's over to the postman to deliver the artwork, ready to be framed or given as a gift. Quite often people will want digital copies of their portrait to use on facebook or their blog. Being a graphic designer aswell as an illustrator, I make the artwork web and print ready for them, so they're good to go!"


You can reach Charlotte on :-
http://www.charlottethomson.co.uk/
enquiries@charlottethomson.co.uk
07825 090 304
twitter/charlotteart
facebook/charlottethomsonart

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this ladies work, she has such a talent!!!

    I am most definitely getting one of these done after my own big day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so glad you liked them ... you'll have to show us the results on twitter after you've got it done :)

    ReplyDelete