Wednesday 23 February 2011

My Wedding Stationery Inspirations

I thought today I'd discuss the my inspirations behind the wedding stationery I create.
Although I'm not a massive fan of head to toe 'themed' weddings, I often find brides & grooms find it difficult to come up with a thread that will tie their wedding together. I personally think if your stuck for ideas finding a stationery design you love is a great starting point, so hopefully this post might help!



I tend to be quite eclectic when it comes to inspiration. I read a lot of fashion and interiors magazines and often find trends from both areas filter into the wedding industry quite quickly. I studied fashion illustration at University so am always looking for illustration work to inspire me as well. These images below helped to start the ideas process, for example, for the latest range English Eccentrics.




But mainly I have a passion for jewellery, vintage clothes, haberdashery and fabrics and like to work these into the stationery I create. I'm always shopping for ribbons and fabric to inspire me ... or even pieces of vintage china. The blue style of the Vintage Cameo range was inspired by my love of wedgewood jasper ware and I combined that with victorian inspired pearls and lace.



I also draw inspiration from different eras, the new English Eccentrics range was based a lot on Victoriana, and I love the fifties and seventies as well. I think the trick with borrowing from different eras is not to copy the look wholesale but to take the spirit of the look and make it your own.

If you would like my help coming up with a beautiful design or thread for your wedding stationery why not drop me an email at info@knotsandkisses.co.uk . To see our whole range of wedding stationery please visit the website http://www.knotsandkisses.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. This is a really nice post - I love where your inspiration comes from and those little embellishments on the Vintage Cameo design are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete