Knowing when to do everything when you're organising a wedding can be mind boggling!
There are plenty of online websites, such as www.thebridalfile.co.uk, that will help you out with this, but here's a few hints and tips with regards to your stationery .....
1. After setting the date and organising the venue, your stationery is one of the first things you are going to have to order and can be the starting point for the whole theme of your wedding. So start thinking about the style you want and looking for inspiration as soon as possible.
2. If you'd like to give your friends and family an advance warning so they can plan things like holidays, consider sending out Save the Date cards as soon as possible. We normally have clients ordering Save the Date Cards from us about a year prior to the wedding.
3. Handmade Invitations, like the ones on www.knotsandkisses.co.uk, do take time to make. Allowing for 6-8 weeks for delivery you should order your invitations at least 6 months prior to your wedding date.
4. Ideally you should be mailing your wedding invitations 3-4 months before the wedding.
5. Remember you can have beautifully matching reception items, such as menus and table plans, to go with your stationery so asking us for a complete package will give you less to worry about!